Saturday, November 17, 2007

sometimes paying $6 for head is a GREAT IDEA!



What a sunday....I missed all you could drink bloody marys...so I paid for some...then I had some beer...then an irish car bomb....then i decided to go eat some Lambs Head!! My favorite Greek restaurant in Astoria, uncle georges. They sell bbq'd lambs head for $6. It's actually quite good and has a variety of delicious textures and flavors. Cheek meat, brain, eyeballs, bit of neck meat and teeth for funny pictures. I have to say the tongue was dried out and pretty inedible. Lambs head is a genuine bargain at $6-with a side of potatoes, wash it down with a kilo (!) of awful red wine for $9 to be had out of grandma styled orange juice glasses!

1 comment:

oded said...

awesome, I want in next time you get cheep head.