Monday, October 22, 2007

Living on Chinese Rocks

Of New Yorks 6 Chinatowns, my two favorites are in Queens. One fun thing about chinatowns is convincing your mom that you were in China last week.



Shhhh, Don't tell my mom, I'm actually on Main Street USA.





Here I am Mom, I'm drinking a Chinese Adult beverage outside of my favorite dumpling stand. As my dining companion put it, "i will never drink again, due to my 4 day hangover." We also had a chef come out of a restaurant to tell us that this brand of rice wine was fit only for cooking.



It's true, you can buy bootlegs of hollywoods best movies for pennies on the dollar.


Mom, it's fine....See, the swastika is backwards....ok, i won't cook in front of a mirror......


Frogs for dinner.



Mom, I met the nicest American Couple staying at our Hotel. It always pays to go with the big multinational hotels. What a nice experience.





Singing Karaoke with my new friends.





China is fun Mom. I hope I go back real soon.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

What is the title of that fine film you're purchasing?

I would kill for a dumpling right now, but unfortunately, I'm not in a situation where killing someone would result in dumplings being available.

jonnycorbin said...

Dear Lisa,

Thank you for your question. The title of this film is "Natural Knockers 10." According to my sales woman, "it's a new one."

Mmm. I feel your pain about not being able to obtain a dumpling. Have you tried the internet for mail order dumplings. It sounds to me as if you are in a rural area. Good luck and thanks for reading.

-Jonny

oded said...

hey nice jacket. Your leather jacket should be ready any day now.